Feeder Tips to Keep Birds Safe & Healthy:
* If you go away, bring the feeder in; birds can get stuck in an empty feeder and die.
* The seed you saved over the winter will NOT be any good next spring, or vice versa.
* Do not put new seed on top of old seed. Pour old seed into something, put your fresh seed in the feeder, then put the old seed on top. This will keep the feeder cleaner and the old seed from getting yucky and moldy on the bottom which will make birds sick.
* Empty and dry your feeder out after a heavy rain.
* Take your feeder apart and wash the whole thing good in soapy water at least once a season.